The Samsung Galaxy S23 series is expected to launch in early 2023. According to rumors, we could see a 200-megapixel main camera and a squarer body in the S23 Ultra, as well as a small increase in battery capacity and the overall size of the phone.
When will the Samsung Galaxy S23 be released?
Every year, Samsung releases an updated addition to the Galaxy S series of Android phones. That means the Galaxy S23, S23+ and S23 Ultra are positioned as the upcoming Galaxy S flagship phones.
Some of the last S-series phones arrived in the early months of the year, and with the Galaxy S22 models releasing in February, a similar timeframe for the Galaxy S23 devices is likely.
Lifewire Release Date Estimate
We will most likely see the Galaxy S23 at Samsung Unpacked 2023, which is expected in late January or early February.
Samsung Galaxy S23 price rumors
Most likely, as in previous years, there will be three models to choose from. There’s no word on price yet, but this is what it would look like if Samsung used the same pricing structure as the last few S-series phones:
- Galaxy S23: $799.99
- Galaxy S23+: $999.99
- Galaxy S23 Ultra: $1199.99
Of course, these are only the respective entry-level prices. Given that there will no doubt be different storage options, such as a 1TB S23 Ultra, the price for this model could go up to around $1599.99.
You can pre-order the Galaxy S23 in early 2023 on the Samsung Galaxy Cell Phones page. We will have a specific date as soon as it is announced.
Samsung Galaxy S23 features
Frequent leaker Ice Universe says The Galaxy S23 series will get a lower power mode called Light, which “prioritises battery life and cooling efficiency over processing speed.”
We’ll learn more about the Galaxy S23’s features when the leaks hit, so keep checking back for updates.
Galaxy S23 specifications and hardware
Here’s what we heard:
- Three camera modes available for the S23 Ultra: 12MP (standard resolution for photos), 50MP and 200MP, with a large f/1.7 aperture (compared to the f/2.2 aperture of the S22 Ultra – a lower number means more light in the camera sensor, which likely means brighter photos).
- The Galaxy S23 and S23 Plus may see a telephoto camera upgrade with 50MP, 12MP and 11MP cameras on the rear of these models.
- 12MP, hole-punch selfie camera on all models.
- The same ultrasonic fingerprint sensor as the S22.
- These phones will likely have the same display sizes as the current series: 6.8-inch S23 Ultra, 6.6-inch S23+ and 6.1-inch S23.
- 3,885 mAh battery for the base model compared to the Galaxy S22’s 3,700 mAh battery. This is probably possible through a small bump in the overall dimensions of the phone (slightly larger bezels). There’s no word on a battery upgrade for the S23 Plus or Ultra, but the latter will likely have the same 5,000mAh battery as the S21 and S22 Ultra.
- The Galaxy S23 Ultra runs on the Snapdragon 8 Gen2 chipset, or possibly a modified model with a higher rate.
- It has been reported by leaks that the Galaxy S23 base model will have 8GB of RAM just like the S22.
- Compared to the S22 Ultra, the S23 Ultra could have one body that is more squareplus one a little heavier.
The latest news about the Samsung Galaxy S23
Stay tuned to Lifewire for more smartphone news. Here are related stories and some of the latest rumors we found about the Galaxy S23:
Thanks for letting us know!
Get the latest tech news every day
Tell us why!
Not enough details
Hard to understand